The world of web forms has seen a lot of changes over the last few years. We’ve gone from traditional HTML forms to a more modern AJAX-driven form. Such forms can be created with a form builder like JotForm, which can be embedded on any webpage for a seamless user experience.
Although JotForm is a great service for creating forms in the cloud, it comes with certain drawbacks that may not fit your specific need or design aesthetic. If you want to create more advanced forms or you need an alternative with particular features, then this article will help you find the best JotForm alternatives.
Zoho Forms is one of the best JotForm alternatives out there that lets you easily collect data.
When it comes to a reliable form builder, Zoho tool allows you to build and customize forms for your website.
It’s an all-in-one tool that comes with a bunch of cool features, that include the basic customizability options so you can make changes as per the look and feel of your product or brand. It’s a smart tool that help will automatically detect the device from which your users are filling up their forms and will also adjust accordingly to provide an optimal viewing experience on any device you want to.
- Works With Zoho CRM: If you’re already using Zoho CRM, it’s super simple to get started since it’s part of the same program.
- Customization: For better branding, you can build your own form design, you can use custom colors to build professional forms.
- Zoho Surveys: You can use Zoho forms to conduct surveys and reviews.
- Form Analytics: See how your web forms are performing and then share or export your findings with the team.
- Great for Teams: There are tons of features you can use as a team to streamline things.
- The Zoho Forms website is not mobile friendly, which is a disappointment.
- The free version has only 1 user which should be at least 3 as with the case with all other Zoho apps.
Capterra: 4.4 Rating
If you’re looking for a solid JotForm alternatives and have a good-to-go budget, then you could try out Typeform.
To use this tool, you dont need to have any coding knowledge and have many advanced features that will help you in creating professional, nice-looking forms fastly and quicker as well. Typeform not only provides with a great functionality but also provides several stunning themes that can be used as per your requirement.
A major difference between Typeform and JotForm is that the former provides a slightly better user experience.
- Gorgeous Forms: Some of the prettiest-looking modern forms available right now.
- Templates: Typeform offers templates so you can have a place to start when building a form.
- Logic Jumps: Offers conditional logic on your forms.
Cons of TypeForm
- It is costly if you want to use the most powerful features
- Free plan includes Typeform branding
Trustpilot: 3.3 Rating
Capterra: 4.6 Rating
Cloud based Customer Experience Platform SurveySparrow Raises 1 4M in Seed Funding From Prime Venture Partners - BW Disrupt SurveySparrow is a cloud-based customer experience solution that helps businesses of all sizes to create engaging feedback surveys. It comes with a centralized dashboard, which allows users to import contacts and organize them in custom lists based on the location, age groups, and job titles.
- Conversational surveys: Why? Because normal surveys are boring, to be honest. Why make it seem like a task when you can make it look as simple as a conversation?
- NPS software: You can roll out NPS surveys to know how many customers will refer you to their family and friends.
- 360 degree feedback tool: This helps you conduct performance appraisals effortlessly. You can also customize employee 360 reports with SurveySparrow’s 360-degree feedback software.
- In-depth reporting module: SurveySparrow report-savvy dashboard lets you do cross-tabulation, set advanced report filters, and get real-time reports.
- Chatbot for website: These chatbots let you auto-trigger surveys, generate more leads, and offer 24/7 support.
Cons of SurveySparrow
- SurveySparrow lacks email marketing feature.
- The drag and drop question box feature seems buggy and not accurately aligned.
- Chat-only customer support takes a lot of time to get small things done.
Trustpilot: 3.7 Rating
Capterra: 4.4 Rating
Formstack also offers a form builder and makes it to our list of JotForm alternatives because It has the ability to integrate with other apps seamlessly.
Formstack is a data management system that helps users to collect information with the help of various types of online forms, which include job applications, payment forms, surveys, and event registrations. It has an easy-to-use online builder that lets you create brand forms with no coding knowledge required in order to help manage and brand your business needs.
Formstack forms can be embedded via HTML/CSS, meaning that your forms can integrate with your website without the need for any specialized tools or plugins. As an added bonus, forms submitted via embedded capture are encrypted, and the information is transferred directly to your product dashboard. This is safe than using a plugin or storing the information somewhere on your website.
- Making online surveys based on your business requirements
- Can be integrated with a plethora of apps
- A good library of templates and themes
- Customizable and trackable reports
- Conditional logic
Moreover, this online survey tool lets you create smart lists, capture digital signatures, and supports data routing. All these features, combined with the ease of setup, make Formstack one of the top JotForm alternatives look out for in 2022.
Cons of Formstack
- No customer support over the phone, except for Platinum and Enterprise subscribers
- No live chat support
- Pricing for add-ons is unclear
- No free version available
- Effectiveness of integrations functionality varies
Trustpilot: 3.7 Rating
Capterra: 4.2 Rating
So, checkout the brief comparison between the Zoho Forms, Formstack, TypeForm and SurveySparrow below.
|Support||Support only during business hours||Support only during business hours||24/7 live chat support||Support only during business hours|
|Training support||Training via documentation, and live sessions||Training via documentation||Training via documentation, and live sessions||No Training support|
|Integrations||Supports integration with Zapier, Microsoft 365, etc||Supports integration with Insightly, Integrately, etc||Supports integration with Zapier, Integrately, etc||Supports integration with Zapier, Microsoft 365, etc|
With that, we end our list of the top JotForm alternatives to check out this year.
No tool would offer you a cherry on top if you don’t pick the right one. We hope this list of tools similar to JotForm helps you choose the right JotForm alternatives.